Saturday, February 17, 2007

Once again, I know, much time has elapsed since my last post. But things have been very busy. In the last three weeks I have been involved in HIV/AIDS trainings, CHE (Community Health Evangelism) trainings, and Micro-enterprise trainings. Apart from that I have had four speaking engagements and many other meetings. Oh, also I'm working on a big database and mailmerge project for the current 273 students at the Missions of Hope school and I'm starting the work on the 400 new students. And I've been working on recording and writing down many different people's stories. The stories of how their life has been affected because of the CHE work or Missions of Hope school. I'm doing the project for CMF but I'll also plan on emailing my finished product to all of you on my email list so that you can also be enlightened a little more as to how life works in slums of Mathare and Kibera.

If you have facebook you can see the most recent pictures that I've posted from my trip to Nairobi and also my trip to Maasai land. As soon as life becomes more routine I will post more often but until that time...

I composed a poem last week that I'm a little hesitant to post, but I think I'll be brave and put that up here with my next post.

Time is running out at the internet cafe so I've gotta go.

1 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Celia said...

Hi, Sweetie!

I'm anxiously awaiting your poem.
Sounds like you are having some
great experiences.

Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home