Thursday, March 29, 2007

I will be leaving in 5 hours for my trip to the Democratic Republic of Congo. I don't think I'll be able to make any updates while I'm there, so this will have to do for a while.

We're leaving Nairobi at 7:30 tonight, traveling by bus to Kampala, Uganda. We arrive in Kampala at 9 a.m. then we have a 30 minute stop break, then back on the bus for another trip to Kigali, Rwanda. We arrive in Kigali at about 5 in the afternoon. We're staying with some people for the day in Rwanda and we will get to see the city and go to the genocide memorial. Then on another bus to the D.R.C. I don't remember the names of the towns/cities that I'll be in, in DRC but they're somewhat close to the eastern border. Pretty far from the capital where the unrest is. I'm making sure to leave my viva la Bemba shirt at home.

I'll be in one city for a week doing a Community Health Evangelism training, then we go on a 8 hour boat ride to another city for another week long training.

Michael Shepherd, one of my classmates from Hope is going on this trip with me and we're both excited for all that we're going to see and experience. We're hoping to see Pygmies and eat monkeys.

Please pray for the safety and everything to work out well for this trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home